OverviewRespond to this Ad
Live Fully at Marriott International – #1 Leader in Hospitality
At Marriott International, you have the opportunity to grow in your career, work with teammates that feel like family, and help make our world a better place.
The W Philadelphia, located at 1439 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA, 19102 is currently hiring a Dual Director of Human Resources.
As a member of the Human Resources organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for a market. He/she will be accountable for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development for property employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute brand/business service strategy/initiatives and business objectives in the most efficient manner. Additionally, he/she utilizes a Human Resource business plan aligned with business objectives to deliver HR services that enable business success. As a member of multiple leadership teams, he/she develops and implements strategies across properties that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and provide a return on investment to the owner and broader organizational interests while developing and implementing efficiencies in a market.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor''s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading and Managing Human Resources Strategy
• Enhances the effective execution of the Human Resources business plan within a market by facilitating communication, collaboration of efforts and sharing expertise.
• Delivers sound results by championing implementations, tracking results, problem solving, and leveraging efforts wherever possible.
• Coordinates strategies within a market to promote cohesiveness and consistency with brand and company standards.
• Drives efforts to improve operational efficiencies across properties.
• Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions.
• Partners with Area Director of Human Resources to verify that property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions are in alignment with regional Human Resources strategies and the overall strategic Human Resources framework for the organization.
• Leads the planning, evaluation, resourcing, and follow-up of engagement survey related activities; in collaboration with the appropriate business and discipline partners.
• Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
• Serves as key change agent for initiatives that have high employee impact.
• Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees and partners with managers to fix errors.
• Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
• Coordinates and participates in succession planning activities in the market, as appropriate.
• Leads implementation and sustainability of Human Resources initiatives.
Managing the Staffing and Recruiting Process
• Partners with property management to hire and train Human Resources staff members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and leadership to meet the employee relations needs of the property.
• Serves as coach and expert facilitator of selection process and interviewing procedures.
• Partners with properties to analyze open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
• Coordinates with properties to manage their human capital planning.
• Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
• Coordinates with properties to verify that the appropriate sourcing and recruitment strategies are implemented.
• Verifies that managers are competent in evaluating and hiring hourly employees.
Managing Benefits Education and Administration
• Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
• Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
• Prepares, analyzes and distributes and acts on results of Internal Equity and Comp Ratio reports.
• Documents and provides input on any out of guidelines management compensation adjustments for regional approval.
• Drives implementation of total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
• Keeps current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
Managing Staff Development Activities
• Manages and collaborates with Work Environment Manager to verify that work environment related activities are completed and issues are addressed.
• Coordinates with the Performance Development Manager (where applicable) and verify that compliance with training initiatives.
• Verify the completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’ Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
• Verify that property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource technology, process, and policy to appropriately respond to employee inquiries and anticipate employee needs.
• Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
Apply now at : https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/23006150?lang=en-us/
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media. | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.