BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national organization with over 50 thrift stores across Canada. The net revenue from all Mission Thrift Stores is devoted to Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation (Canada) and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult literacy programs, church planter training, children’s ministry programs and distribute Bibles in many places around the world. The stores operate primarily by dedicated volunteers.
Mission Thrift Store (Kelowna) is seeking a full-time business manager who understands and supports the vision and purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). Reporting to the Board of Directors of BfM (Kelowna) Enterprises Society, the position is responsible to oversee and manage the day to day business and administrative affairs of the Kelowna store, working as part of the management team with the Manager of Sales and Customer Services. The position also works closely with the with the Board of Directors to ensure the organization’s compliance with its regulatory and contractual obligations, and with the policies, procedures and best practices established by the Board and BFM Foundation (Canada).
The successful candidate will be a self-disciplined, organized individual with an eye for detail and a firm, tactful, supportive approach to interpersonal relations and communications. The right candidate will understand the unique environment of a not-for-profit charitable organization that is reliant on a large base of volunteers.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the BFM Foundation Thrift Store Development Ltd.’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle and Morality Policy
- Preparedness to participate and lead others in prayer and devotions
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity
- Post-secondary degree or certification in business management or a related field, or an equivalent combination of knowledge, training and experience
- Minimum 5 years management experience in small to medium-sized business or not-for-profit organization, including a sound working knowledge of human resource management, financial management, facilities operations and information technology systems
- Knowledge of applicable government legislation and regulations, familiarity with the principles of sound financial and human resource management
- Experience in the governance and/or management of not-for-profit charitable organizations
- Experience in policy implementation, including establishing and maintaining procedures and best practices
- Proficiency in the use of information technology, including the use of on-line resources and Microsoft Office.
- Direct working experience in a retail environment is an asset
Compensation and working conditions
This is a salaried managerial position. Salary will be commensurate with training and experience. In common with other management-level positions, the average workweek may exceed 40 hours and includes a minimum of one Saturday each month. Attendance at monthly meetings of the Board of Directors is required. The Manager is also expected to consult on a regular basis with staff at BFM Foundation (Canada) and to make the fullest use of the resources that are available through the national office
How to Apply
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this position, we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, by May 31, 2018 via email to email@example.com Please note “attention HR Ctte” in the subject line. Full job description is available upon request.
BFM (Kelowna) Enterprises Society welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. We thank all candidates for their interest; only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.