Title: Purchasing Manager
No. of Vacancy: 1
Company: Embassy Transportation Inc.
Working Location: 2651 No. 5 Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 2S8
Salary: $45.00 to $48.00 hourly
Working Hours: 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment Term: Permanent, Full-time
Language of work: English
Job Benefits: Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave
Embassy Transportation Inc. is leading the way in developing service focused transportation solutions by working with a broad range of customers, hauling a wider variety of products, and expanding our presence throughout Canada. We handle a broad range of products to fit the needs of our North American customers, expertise in importing goods and loading from harbour.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Procurement team, including evaluating and building best buying practices
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Maintain knowledge of the market, in addition to current prices and fair rates of goods
- Identity opportunities for cost-savings through buying practices, vendors, programs, and ingredient usage
- Develops, leads, and maintains effective relationships with vendors
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Oversee the preparation of reports
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Work with internal project teams to facilitate technology transfer of products
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
- Present category updates to upper management and cross functional teams, as required
All applicants applying must possess the following:
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, commerce, or economics.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in purchasing practice, inventory management, logistics or operations are required
- At least 1 year managerial or supervisory experience in same role is required
- Skilled in contract negotiations and legal terminology
- Ability to supervise 2-3 people
• Team player
• Excellent oral communication
• Excellent written communication