If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Fueling Systems, the premier designer and manufacturer of the world's most complete line of petroleum equipment including Submersible Pumping Systems, Piping and Containment Systems, Service Station Hardware, Dispensing Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Transport Systems. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for overseeing the Fuel Management System product line, which includes but is not limited to researching product line needs, working with engineering to develop new products, understanding competition, overseeing the applications engineering function, and providing technical support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes new product requests, pricing research, and competitor research to manage products and product lines.
- Manages existing product lines based on forecast, performance, profitability, and required changes or modifications.
- Regularly performs pricing, profitability, and competitive analysis and recommends strategies to improve market position, improve quality, or reduce costs.
- Produces, maintains, and updates annual forecasts.
- Oversees technical support staff to ensure they are meeting customers' needs and resolving issues.
- Oversees the applications engineering function for product specifications and quote completions.
- Maintains specification sheets, instructions, presentations, and other marketing services.
- Attends tradeshows and represents the company and products.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Supervises supervisory and non-supervisory employee(s).
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Informing Human Resources of employee issues.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knows and predicts physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and their applications to understand fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics; understands mechanical and electrical structures and processes.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses complex and noncomplex machines and equipment.
- Requires 30% travel
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, design technology or a related field (required) with a MBA (preferred).
- Five to seven years of experience in product marketing or a related field (required). Technical experience preferred.
- Intermediate: Word processing/typing, spreadsheet.
- Basic: Alphanumeric data entry.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continually required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionallyrequired to stand or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply online at : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1067441&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000416653306&rb=CLASSIFIEDADS