The General Manager and Assistant General Manager are responsible for all aspects of Property Management where the goals and functions are aligned with the objective to maximize guest and employee satisfaction, which is balanced with the objective to maximize returns to stakeholders.They are also expected to perform tasks that may not be mentioned below, but are relevant to the optimal operations of the hotel.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a GM or AGM in a mid-scale hotel REQUIRED, upscale and extended stay hotel experience a plus
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed, with strong initiative and desire for achievement
- Understands the importance of managing payroll, especially overtime
- Willing to work 2 – 3 shifts a week during the slow season
- Flexibility to work a shift if an employee calls off
- Must be a leader, a driver, and bottom line oriented
- Must possess strong computer skills – Microsoft Office a plus
- Passion for work and excellent communication and presentations skills required
- Ability to handle guests’ complaints and take appropriate corrective action
- Ability to train, manage and work effectively with staff
- Process daily and monthly revenue paperwork in accordance with established procedures
- Create and encourage new ideas to maximize revenue and decreases costs
- Perform and complete projects assigned by the owner in a timely manner
- Attention to detail, maintain a positive attitude, strong customer service skills, and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to achieve positive guest relations and maximize guest satisfaction
- Day to day operations including reservations, guest check-in and check-out and breakfast supervision
- Oversee daily maintenance, long term maintenance and improvements to the property
- Additional GM responsibilities include leading all departments of hotel, including Front Office, Concierge, Housekeeping, Security, and Shipping & Receiving, manage room P&L, monitor various department budgets according to financial and owner /management guidelines
- Provide support and counseling to employees as needed
- Ability to lift light objects 30-50lbs as required
- Ability to work with chemicals related to laundry and other materials used for cleaning the hotel premises
- Ability to be punctual for all tasks
General Manager and Assistant General Manager:
Duties & Responsibilities
FRONT DESK: -GENERAL MANAGER assisted by Assistant GM
- Be responsible for the overall quality of service, staffing and to ensure guest receive the highest level of service.
- Ensure the team has adequate training, tools to do their job, a well planned shift schedule and be accountable for their performance.
- Perform audit functions within this area by ensuring room counts are matched between room sold and billed to rooms cleaned.
- Undertake Cash audit each day and for each shift and ensure integrity amongst staff members of your team.
- Ensure proper compliance in hiring, payroll and approvals as needed
BREAKFAST: - ASSISTANT GM assisted by General Manager
- Review items served for quality,
- Ensure best procurement practices,
- Be competitive in the menu offered
- Oversee to ensure the highest state of cleanliness
- Be responsible for staffing, training and scheduling
- Ensure proper compliance with all health, regulatory and approvals as needed.
HOUSEKEEPING: ASSISTANT GM assisted by General Manager
- Ensure there is a Head Housekeeper (HHK) and the person is able to deliver clean rooms that meet and exceed guests’ expectation and the franchisor’s requirements at all times.
- Work with HHK to have adequate staffing at all times.
- Monitor periodically they meet performance metrics as maybe stated in Management’s, & Franchisor’s Objectives and scores.
- Oversee purchase guest supplies, guest supply inventory and best procurement practices
MAINTENANCE: ASSISTANT GM assisted by General Manager
- Ensure adequate resources are available for upkeep of property.
- Maintaining and suggest to Management to improve curb appeal.
- Teams are trained to handle any and all emergencies and are knowledgeable to summon appropriate resources as needed.
MARKETING: ASSISTANT GM assisted by General Manager
- Implement marketing plans to expand market recognition and acceptance as a superior property in its competitive set.
- Maintain leadership position on travel web sites
- Respond to market changes in room rates.
- Target new accounts to grow winter business.
GENERAL: GENERAL MANAGER assisted by Assistant GM
- Report Payroll Hours to Payroll Company.
- Direct Bill Accounts are properly set up with appropriate approvals.
- Monitor Accounts receivable and eliminate potential for bad debts.
- Endure timely billing of direct billing accounts.
- Monitor room inventory for all the channels to ensure optimum ADR.
- Work with Franchise to acquire new accounts secure and grow the existing accounts.
- Oversee compliance to handbook by all managers and employees.
- Work with Management to optimize revenue.
- Implement Management’s cost reduction plans.
- Ensure equitable treatment and management of staff.