At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It's a feat that wouldn't be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don't simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities — but exceed them, every day.
We know that a “one-size-fits-all” approach doesn't work when it comes to residential living. That's why, at Brookfield Properties, our portfolio features a wide range of options for any stage of life. And though our properties may be diverse, one thing is universal: all offer the unparalleled quality, service, and support our residents deserve.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are searching for a talented Assistant Property Manager, Residential to be based out of Cameron Court in Alexandria, VA!
We thought you might want to check out where you could be working next. Click here to take a peek at the property! Trust us… you are going to like what you see.
Assists the Property Manager with the general administration of the property and performs related management functions with the daily operations of an apartment community. Cross trained on Property Manager functions and acts in that capacity in the Manager's absence. Assists with responsibility of maintaining the physical asset and the performance of the property, to achieve the highest possible net operating income. Monitors regulatory compliance and company policies and procedures related to property management.
- Supports and ensures timely input, proper use and full utilization of on-site PC-based property management software systems including assistance in training of new associates and ongoing training of existing property staff.
- Assists in the management of efficient operation of the property consistent with Loss Prevention and Corporate Office policies and procedures, even during understaffed periods. Responds to emergency situations, contacting appropriate agencies or Regional Managers as necessary.
- This position requires a High School Diploma/GED.
- Additional degrees that are preferred for this position include: Associate Degree in Property Management or Accounting/Bookkeeping.
- 1-2 years of required experience in Leasing, Bookkeeping, or Operations.
- This position may require a valid driver's license depending on the needs of the property.
- Required skills for this position include: fair housing laws, property management, and Microsoft Office.
- A preferred skill for this position include: affordable housing programs, One-Site, customer service, following through, and personal accountability.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace