SUMMARY: Management Business Solutions is seeking a Production Manager in Nashville, TN. This person will provide guidance regarding HR policy and administration as well as employee relations. This person will be responsible for schedule control, quality control, cost control, information control, supplier development and continuous improvement.
- Manage from development through custom process to warehouse or customer delivery.
- Select the best vendor based on cost, schedules, and quality.
- Maintain production schedule and weekly production meeting for products being managed.
- Communicate with team and update systems and reports when product is delayed or has the potential to be delayed.
- Track, monitor, and report work in process for Trade Gift reprint titles and Custom Book titles with Microsoft Excel.
- Develop creative solutions for process improvement within the Custom Sales team, production team, editorial and design team.
- Maintain good and trustworthy relationships with printers and material vendors.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Five (5) years of book production experience preferred.
- Highly proficient in fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the book publishing and manufacturing industry.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- Occasional overnight travel required.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER