Assure that quality and food safety systems development, implementation and verification are in place in order to make quality evaluations, recommend actions for improvement, and assure resolution. This role is responsible to report deviations from established standards and policies to facility leadership and to insure prompt and immediate corrective action.
- Manage all aspects of product quality and food safety for the facility. This is inclusive of product specs, a quality manual, weight control, traceability, in process and finished product testing and food safety and allergen. Conduct QAS self-inspections and participate in annual QAS audit program. Conduct self-inspection audits ensuring AIB and FSSC 22000 Standards requirements are met. Develop, coordinate and manage plant quality and sanitation programs as assigned
- Provide facility quality training, to include GMP, food safety, Non-GMO and allergen plans, regulatory requirements, and quality measurement systems. Be capable of delivering training in the area of continuous improvement processes
- Responsible for effectively leading teams through seven step problem solving, TPM activities, and quality improvement processes. Lead and/or participate in root-cause investigations of quality and food safety issues, and follow up on corrective actions as assigned
- Assure all SRC's are initiated and completed for all repetitive, excessive, and quality holds; provide data and trending reports to the teams and plant; and effective partnerships within the plant
- Be able to lead in-process sensory programs as needed; routinely perform sensory testing on R&D tests as well as the evaluation of any suspect product; managing the sensory program with obtaining target samples for the program and compiling sensory reporting. Leads CC investigation, testing and response for sensory attributes complaints or issues
- Bachelor degree and 3+ years production and/or quality experience (not just production experience, can be a combination) in the beverage industry (think juice, milk) preferred or food (think sauces, soups, etc.)
- 18 months+ of supervisory experience
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of Food Safety, HACCP,GMP requirements, Sanitation, and Quality Systems.
- Technical knowledge of the beverage industry process
- Ability to motivate and lead teams.
- Ability to train others in Total Quality Management Philosophies.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Highly motivated and self – directed
- Political savvy to drive change at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and plant personnel
- Working knowledge in principals of SPC, Project Management, Facilitation, Prioritization, Problem Solving skills
- Ability to work in both union and non-union environments
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends