Acts as the single point of contact for assigned programs or geographical area on all Human Resources matters. Ensures compliance with Sweetser and departmental policies and procedures and applicable federal and state regulations. Responsible for day-to-day recruitment activities for assigned programs.
• Act as the single point of contact for management and employees within assigned Sweetser program(s) or geographical area concerning human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
• Handle general employee relations counseling and issues for assigned program or geographical area.
• Act as benefits liaison for assigned program or geographical area.
• Work with managers/supervisors on general compensation issues for assigned program or geographical area.
• Assist in the development, implementation, and communication of human resources policies and procedures.
• Routinely meet individually with leadership within assigned program or geographical area to review human resources activities and priorities and identify human resource needs.
• Regularly attend program leadership meetings to maintain awareness of status of program and organization's business plans, identify areas for potential HR intervention, report on HR activities and trends and communicate new or revised HR programs.
• Act as liaison for safety and workers’ compensation issues for assigned program or geographical area.
• Provide training and mentoring to supervisors and managers on human resource practices.
• Compose and distribute letters, memos, and other written communications related to HR activities.
• Manage all recruitment, selection, and orientation activities for assigned program or geographical area including participation in Human Resources orientation of new hires on a rotating basis.
• Utilize the online recruiting system to assist supervisors with posting new requisitions, verifying all signatures are completed prior to posting.
• Daily review and screening of internal and external resumes and applications for experience/education/licensure in relation to position sought.
• Schedule and conduct initial interviews with prospective candidates to provide overview of Sweetser, benefits, job description and pre-employment process.
• Administer pre-employment computer skills assessment.
• Work with hiring manager to determine final candidate for the position and complete job offer.
• Conduct reference and background verification.
• Communicate with new hire, transfer candidate, and hiring manager regarding orientation requirements and schedules.
• Prepare paperwork for new hire processing, printing required paperwork from online system to be filed in new hire file.
• Ensure that recruiting steps have been entered into the online recruiting system.
• Review job descriptions and work with program hiring managers, directors and vice president to revise as needed.
• Work with temporary/staffing agencies to meet temporary needs of assigned division.
• Recommend weekly recruitment advertising for assigned division by providing statistics/ documentation and effectively post for open position(s).
• Coordinate and participate in job fairs.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Maintain a valid state driver’s license during period of employment.
• PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years of Human Resources Generalist experience and one (1) year of recruiting/staffing experience.