<a href="https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/v_req_num?%3Flang=en-us" target="_blank"><img src="https://image.ibb.co/defjkx/New.png"/></a>
<b>Here’s To Your Journey</b> with <b>Westin</b><br><br>
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise. <br><br>
The <b> Westin Boston Waterfront </b>located at <b> 425 Summer St, Boston, MA 02210 </b> is currently hiring a <b>Assistant Chief Engineer.</b><br><br>
Assists in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Assists in maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors as needed. Helps to increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 1 year experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVIITES
Assisting in Management of Property Operations
• Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Assists in providing regular on-going communication occurs with employees in order to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations and recognize performance.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Assists in supervising the day-to-day operations of Engineering and related departments.
Assisting in Maintaining Property Standards
• Assists in inspecting and evaluating the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Operates generators and fire pumps as necessary.
• Provides emergency response services 24/7.
• Repairs equipment (e.g., refrigeration, laundry) as necessary.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Solicits employee feedback.
<br><br>To apply now, go to: <a href=https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19115111?%3Flang=en-us rel="nofollow"><b>https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19115111?%3Flang=en-us </b></a> <br><br>
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit <b><a href=http://www.marriott.com/careers rel="nofollow">www.marriott.com/careers</a></b>
to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
<br> Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
<b><a href=https://www.facebook.com/marriottjobsandcareers rel="nofollow">Facebook</a></b><br>
<b><a href=http://www.twitter.com/marriottcareers rel="nofollow">Twitter</a></b><br>
<b><a href=http://www.linkedin.com/company/marriott-international rel="nofollow">LinkedIn</a></b><br>
<b><a href=http://www.instagram.com/marriottcareers rel="nofollow">Instagram</a></b><br>
<b><font color=darkblue>@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat</font>.</b><br>
<br> So, we ask, where will your journey take you? <br><br>
<font size=2> Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.</font>