Producer of tool steels for plastic molds, die cast and forging dies and other tooling applications. Steel and aluminum are used to make countless parts for automobiles, aircraft, and consumer products.
Due to evolving needs of our company we have immediate need for a world-class General Manager.
• Lead and manage all aspects of the company, including but not limited to sales and business development, operations, safety, material procurement, quality and logistics.
• Provide strategic and tactical sales leadership to increase market share, sales, and profit and achieve business plan targets.
• Develop and lead the safety culture at the company by using existing programs and philosophies. Key activities include: growing the Behavior Based Safety Program, holding employees and contractors accountable to safety policies, supporting new safety initiatives, tracking safety metrics, and coordinating safety meetings.
• Develop a world-class team. Hire, train, develop, and evaluate employees.
• Ensure orders are processed according to customer specifications and that quality requirements are met.
• Schedule and adhere to customer delivery dates.
• Establish and improve operation standards for safety, accuracy, quality, on-time delivery (OTD), cost controls, waste reductions, and 5S programs.
• Develop process improvements and corrective actions as necessary.
• Manage budgets and control expenses.
• Maintain ongoing dialog with all employees regarding safety, productivity, performance, company goals, events, and policies. Champion the company’s mission, values, and policies. Maintain employee engagement.
• Resolves disputes and discipline as necessary.
• 4-year bachelor’s degree or greater; engineering or business management degree preferred.
• 6+ years of manufacturing experience with at least 3 years managing people.
• Demonstration of technical interests, skills, and abilities.
• Sales and operations experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with tool steel preferred.
• Strong communication, math, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP systems and reports.
• Ability to develop relationships with vendors, contractors, and customers.