Are you looking for a career that excites you? Do you strive to achieve the ultimate employee satisfaction? Does the hunt for the perfect candidate drive you to obsession? If so, we’re looking for you!
Do you have a broad knowledge of human resources best practices, are you highly energetic, personable, professional and resourceful? Are you comfortable interacting with personnel at all levels and can you work collaboratively within a team as well as independently? As a Human Resources Generalist you will be responsible for a broad range of HR functions including employee relations, performance management, policy implementation, HR analytics and compliance within our Victoria automotive group which includes one to two dealerships.
How we attract the best of the best to join the GAIN Team:
- A company that understands work life balance
- Competitive compensation & group health benefits
- Where advancement opportunities are a reality
- Ability to purchase your dream car at any GAIN Group dealership
- Vehicle purchase & service incentives
- Employee discounts at our Villa Eyrie Resort and Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work alongside with the HR Director providing weekly status reports of each dealership, detailing any ongoing key issues
- Develop and co-ordinate employee training and development including new hire orientation, performance reviews, and ongoing skills development
- Full-cycle recruitment including job postings, applicant tracking, pre-screening, interviews, employment offers, onboarding (orientation), etc.
- Communicates with dealership general managers to ensure the effective implementation of HR plans, projects and programs as well as understanding the functions of the dealership
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Ability to prioritize and complete a wide variety of tasks efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines
- Act as a key employee resource, proactively respond to employee questions and concerns
- Facilitate communication and resolve conflicts
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure feedback is communicated to appropriate levels of management, and ensure exit process is executed
- Previous Human Resources experience required
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities; resourceful and proactive
- Excellent judgment, professionalism, and ability to handle confidential information