Here's To Your Journey with Marriott Hotels Resorts Suites
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Marriott International HQ, located at 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, 20817 is currently hiring a Senior Administrative Assistant - Legal.
The Senior Administrative Assistant – Legal is an integral role in the department and is responsible for providing direct administrative support to attorneys and paralegals, in Bethesda Office, as well as attorneys and paralegals in other offices within the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) Law Group. It is essential that the role maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information and ensure that tasks are completed accurately. This position will be located at Marriott’s corporate office in Bethesda, MD and will report directly to the Senior Vice President & Regional General Counsel, Caribbean & Latin America.
- Act as liaison between the attorneys/paralegals and other Marriott staff members to include corporate and regional team members and outside counsel during all phases of managed and franchise development and operations.
- Compose, type, and transmit correspondence; type/merge, red-line, and transmit agreements, contracts, and other legal documents. Prepare and edit presentations, agendas, memos/letters, spreadsheets and other documents.
- Screen telephone calls; handle matters not requiring the recipient''s attention; refer calls to other appropriate parties for handling; organize meetings and conference calls.
- Manage the calendar for the SVP & Regional General Counsel, including scheduling and canceling meetings, and handling high-priority scheduling issues. Coordinate calendars with Administrative Assistants for Senior Leaders and other associates.
- Coordinate, schedule, and prepare for Group and other general meetings, including scheduling conference rooms, preparing docket reports or agenda items, prior distribution of materials, room set up, audio visual equipment set up, conference line initiation, and food and beverage arrangements.
- Make all domestic and international travel arrangements and coordinate logistics, including transportation, reservations, and lodging arrangements. Prepare complex expense reports.
- Review all incoming mail and forward to the appropriate CALA Group member and bring priority items to the attention of the supervisor or the responsible CALA Group members, as appropriate; track matters requiring response/action and keep supervisor apprised of status.
- Assist attorneys/paralegals in data entry and maintenance of practice area’s contract database and database reporting.
- Create and maintain desk files and permanent files, including up-to-date filing, entries in RIMS, and transmittals to Records Management Section.
- Enter new property matters in the Law Manager database; update database information, including revision and search of database for report and record management.
- Prepare execution, notarization, and consularization of documents (such as Powers of Attorney and Declarations), including coordinating with signatories, accounting and messengers, and researching relevant international procedures; finalize and obtain copies or originals of all closing documents; prepare and complete file close-outs and Notification of Transaction; file documents in Permanent Document files.
- Provide support in research of files and compilation of data as necessary.
- Coordinate certain Group-wide functions such as document retention.
- Take notes during and prepare minutes from meetings.
- Coordinate and manage outside counsel budget, and, process invoices.
- Assist with or take lead role in special projects for the Practice Leader/Group as requested.
- Assist Practice Leader/Group with overflow as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information. Protect the privacy and security of clients, customers, and coworkers.
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
Requirements for Position:
- High school degree required; Four-year college degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of legal secretarial experience, preferably in a law firm or corporate law department.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think critically.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Experience in prioritizing and establishing procedures for completing responsibilities.
- Excellent judgment; professional demeanor; and use of discretion.
- Diligence and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to continually changing workload priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Fast, accurate typing.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Windows XP.
- Strong spelling/grammar/editing/proofreading skills.
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19124201?%3Flang=en-us/
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.