The Service Manager is responsible for managing the service department by proper staffing and helping to meet location sales and unit targets. To assist Technicians in daily work routines. To maintain a safe and accident free work environment. To maintain customer relations to ensure long term growth in sales and profits. To maintain customer and associate satisfaction. Deliver quality work on time every time to customers. To train and develop service associates. The Service Manager must complete all other duties as assigned. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting Center Manager in achieving sales, units, and profited budgeted objectives.
- Ensuring proper service estimates are delivered to the customer.
- Quoting tire prices, including trade-ins, accurately.
- Completing work orders, PM checklists, and other paperwork effectively and efficiently.
- Controlling and protecting the assets of the company by maintaining awareness of inventory levels.
- Ensuring inventory is secure, stored, and only accessible to the associates in accordance with company policy.
- Delivering customer satisfaction.
- Meeting customer requirements for service in a timely manner.
- Providing "Service Excellence, Always" to meet the service goals of the location and needs of the customer.
- Assisting the Center Manager with hiring, training, and managing associates.
- Developing new and existing associates.
- Communicating specific work assignments and responsibilities to associates.
- Assisting the Center Manager in ensuring proper staffing levels with qualified personnel.
- Assisting associates in technical areas as needed.
- Facilitating effective communication throughout the center working closely with the Center Manager.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Assisting Center Manager in implementing programs and procedures to ensure the safety of associates and customers.
- Enforcing and communicating policies and procedures to associates.
- Addressing violations of policy immediately.
- Operating the Service Department as an accident free/safe workplace.
- Maintaining organization and cleanliness in parts room and shop area.
- High School or GED preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet DOT driver qualification requirements.
- At least two years of relevant service and/or management experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
- Good computer skills.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.