At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It's a feat that wouldn't be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don't simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities — but exceed them, every day.
We know that a “one-size-fits-all” approach doesn't work when it comes to residential living. That's why, at Brookfield Properties, our portfolio features a wide range of options for any stage of life. And though our properties may be diverse, one thing is universal: all offer the unparalleled quality, service, and support our residents deserve.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are searching for a talented Property Manager, Residential to be based out of Chestnut Lake Apartments in Strongsville, OH!
We thought you might want to check out where you could be working next. Click here to take a peek at the property! Trust us… you are going to like what you see.
Supervises and coordinates the daily operations of an apartment community including, but not limited to, the general administration, leasing and occupancy, maintenance of the property and management of all property associates. Responsible for maintaining the physical assets and the performance of the property, to achieve the highest possible net operating income, without compromising the quality of the property's appearance or level of service. Monitors regulatory compliance and company policies and procedures related to property management and ensures that all associates are familiar with and understand them.
- Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transactions and activities between property associates and the Corporate Office. Completes performance evaluations on supervised associates. Ensures the highest level of performance and professionalism of supervised associates. Responds to emergency situations, contacting appropriate Regional Managers or agencies as necessary. Depending on property, may perform functions of Assistant Property Manager. Some functions include: preparation of service requests, follow-up with residents, etc.
- Supports and ensures timely input, proper use and full utilization of on-site PC-based property management and time-keeping software systems including assistance in training of new associates and ongoing training of property associates. Prepares purchase orders and approves expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Reviews, understands, analyzes and makes recommendations for vendor contracts to Regional Manager. Assists with the preparation of the annual operating budget for the property as well as projections. Reviews monthly operating results with Regional Manager and assists with the preparation of written variance reports.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all maintenance programs and capital improvement projects to ensure the proper and efficient operation of systems, preventive maintenance programs, housekeeping functions and responses to resident service requests. Ensures compliance with housing quality standards. Coordinates with Engineering Department on all major maintenance issues.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a marketing plan for the property based on a careful and factual analysis of competitive properties. Responsible for coordinating the advertising and promotional needs of the property to maximize marketing plans and on all major marketing issues with the Marketing Department. Ensures that the property complies with affirmative marketing procedures and goals.
- Meets with prospective residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model suites (where applicable) and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Quotes established rental rates and promotions (where applicable). Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals. Approves all applicants for residency, including eligibility for affordable housing programs (if applicable), approves all leasing documents and ensures that all application fees, deposits, and move-in monies are collected. Collects rent from residents, verifies amounts paid, accounts for discrepancies, deposits rent daily, sends verifying information to Corporate Office and follows up on any delinquent rents, initiating collection and/or eviction procedures as necessary.
- Conducts move-in and/or move-out inspections of apartments, charges residents for applicable damages or unpaid fees, prepares and approves related move-out documents, sends verifying documentation to Corporate Office and maintains on-site records. Conducts move-in inspections to determine market readiness and implements housing quality standards. Performs interim unit inspections annually or as directed.
- This position requires a High School Diploma/GED.
- An additional degree that is preferred for this position include: Undergraduate Degree in General Studies or an Associate Degree in 2 year General Studies.
- 3-4 years of required experience in a Supervisory role and Property Management.
- Preferred certifications for this position include: Accredited Residential Manager (ARM), Certified Property Manager (CPM), Certified Property Manager (CAM), or Certified Property Manager (IREM).
- Required skills for this position include: fair housing laws, Microsoft Office, and leadership/supervisory skills.
- Preferred skills for this position include: affordable housing programs at select properties, One-Site, landlord/tenant knowledge, and LRO.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Brookfield Properties cares about the well-being and work-life balance of our valued associates! To show how much we care, we offer awesome incentives that include:
- Full benefits package
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Lucrative referral bonus program
- Incredible associate rental discount if you choose to live on-site! Who wouldn't want to live at one of our beautiful properties (especially at a discounted rate)?!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace