The Safety Administrator supports the Company’s written safety program and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations. This role will directly assist all locations to ensure the best safety practices are applied and makes recommendations on improvements that would lower the Company’s risk level. The Safety Administrator will advocate Safety First throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below):
1. Maintains the General Parts Safety manual, ensuring compliant safety policies and procedures.
2. Develops, implements, and promotes procedures that effectively identify and control hazards to prevent injury and improves safe work practices.
3. Facilitates safety training throughout the company.
4. Files workers compensation claims with our insurance provider and provide updates to claim case managers as well as internal reporting.
5. Tracks workers compensation claims and completes all recordkeeping requirements, including OSHA 300 logs and the filing of OSHA 300A forms.
6. Investigates safety incidents and makes corrective action recommendations.
7. Provides safety topics and content to branches each month.
8. Manages Motor Vehicle Record review and retention for those driving company vehicles. For employees who drive personal vehicles in the course of their work, maintain employee personal auto insurance records for compliance with insurance requirements of company insurer.
9. Assists with safety auditing.
10. Administers safety programs to include serving as the chair of safety committee.
11. Performs regular safety inspections and audits to ensure compliance.
12. Stay abreast of federal, state and local safety regulations.
13. Follows safe work practices and accident prevention procedures.
14. Any other duties as assigned by Management.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
STAFF/PUBLIC CONTACT – Requires establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with Operations Managers and staff. Requires effective communication with all levels of coworkers and outside partners. Also requires coordinating or leading others in work activities, work outcomes and results.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES – None
SUPERVISION RECEIVED – Reports and work under general supervision of the Director of Human Resources. Able to work independently without close supervision.
DECISION-MAKING – Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization. Requires extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE (related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Requires a minimum two (2) years of education and/or experience in refrigeration, food equipment repair, and/or HVAC. Background experience in gas, electric, plumbing, and steam repairs.
- Experience in developing lesson plans, testing and evaluation.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS – OSHA Certified
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE – Customer and Personal Service, Mechanical, Engineering and Technology, Production and Processes, Safety and Security
– Working knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance, troubleshooting techniques and service orientation.
– Basic computer skills in programs such as word, Excel and Power Point.
– Ability to read wiring diagrams and parts schematics.
– Highly skilled in listening, critical thinking and problem-solving.
– Excellent organization skills with a high attention to detail.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – Normal office environment. Occasional light lifting of office equipment, materials and boxes; frequent walking and standing; requires dexterity in use of fingers for the operation of computers and office equipment. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for frequent standing, bending, walking and stretching; moderate to heavy lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds); and operation of motorized equipment and vehicles.