<a href="https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19102593?%3Flang=en-us" target="_blank"><img src="http://sirrat.com/ps/marriott/marriott.png"/></a>
<b>Here’s To Your Journey </b> with <b>Westin</b><br><br>
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
<b>The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport </b> located at <b>2501 Worldgateway Pl, Detroit, Michigan, 48242</b> is currently hiring a <b>Mgr-Transportation & Prkg</b>
Responsible for the overall results of the Transportation Department. Duties include guest and employee satisfaction and maintaining safe and clean vehicles.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Guest Services and Transportation Department Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Develops weekly schedule for all staff members to perform functions required based on projected business levels.
Implementing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Establishes daily work routines including stand up meetings and monthly department meetings.
• Develops annual budget with both revenue and cost projections. Develops 6 period projections based on upcoming group business.
• Ensures drivers are compliant with the laws of The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
• Maintains and checks all linen orders in order to ensure that they are completed and shipped correctly based on properties occupancies.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Ensures the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Supporting Management of Transportation Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees'' absence.
• Maintains a positive employee workplace environment.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Assists in the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Assists in hiring qualified employees and performs necessary applicant screening.
• Implements training programs for drivers and assistant positions.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Complies with brand safety standards.
• Coordinates all repairs and maintenance activities on all vehicles in conjunction with the Director of Engineering.
• Attends all appropriate meetings including weekly Staff/Forecast and Superstaff.
• Ensures cleanliness of all vehicles.
• Maintains all vehicles in excellent operating condition.
• Maintains close contact with both Sales and Conference Services Team.
To apply now, go to: <a https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19102593?%3Flang=en-us rel=”nofollow”><b> https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19102593?%3Flang=en-us</b></a>
<br> - <br>
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit <b><a href=http://www.marriott.com/careers rel="nofollow">www.marriott.com/careers</a></b> to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
<br> Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
<b><a href=https://www.facebook.com/marriottjobsandcareers rel="nofollow">Facebook</a></b><br>
<b><a href=http://www.twitter.com/marriottcareers rel="nofollow">Twitter</a></b><br>
<b><a href=http://www.linkedin.com/company/marriott-international rel="nofollow">LinkedIn</a></b><br>
<b><a href=http://www.instagram.com/marriottcareers rel="nofollow">Instagram</a></b><br>
<b><font color=darkblue>@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat</font></b><br>
<br> So, we ask, where will your journey take you? <br><br>
<font size=2> Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.