Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader of orthopedic medical device outsourcing, providing contract design and manufacturing services to the medical device market. We have the broadest portfolio in the industry, including design and development casting, forging, machining, finishing, coating and packaging capabilities. Specializing in joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, extremities and dental markets, we are a strategic sourcing partner that can handle an entire project or provide services at a single point in the process.
With 13 world-class facilities and approximately 2,000 team members located around the globe, Orchid provides an opportunity for people to live a better life by enabling them to be active longer through our products and services. That is why we do what we do at Orchid! A longer active life is our purpose.
Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The HR Manager for Orchid Alabama & Memphis:
• Supports the business and operations leaders and team members at the Orchid Alabama & Memphis sites and leads the HR team, including an HR leader and HR admin.
• Implements the One Orchid HR strategy and goals with the business leaders and team members in the defined area of responsibility, partnering with and leveraging common processes, tools, systems and support from the HR centers of excellence.
• Supports and guides our culture of positive employee relations.
• Leads and develops team members following the One Orchid global talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best team. Ensures the growth of our positive business culture through behaviors that align with our core values and leadership competencies.
The HR Manager for Orchid Alabama & Memphis reports to the Director, HR Operations, Orchid who has overall responsibility for the HR generalist partner team across Orchid globally. The Orchid Alabama site is a manufacturing site with approximately 180 team members which does machining and packaging for orthopedic implants customers. The Orchid Memphis site is a manufacturing site with approximately 50 team members which does coatings and surface treatments of orthopedics implants customers.
This role will support the Orchid Memphis site for approximately the next two years and then the role will be solely focused on the Orchid Alabama site.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drives accomplishment of business and HR strategy and goals through trusted partnerships with the business leaders and teams in the areas of responsibility.
• Provides input to and implements the Global HR Strategy; identifies and creates processes, tools, and analytics that support achievement of goals within the HR Key Focus Areas.
• The HR Key Focus areas and elements are:
o Talent Alignment & Development - Right People, Right Place, Working on the Right Things & Rowing in the Right Direction. A Pipeline of Talent for Our Current & Future Needs. Performance Management and Results-Based Rewards, Talent, Organization Review and Succession Planning, and Leadership Development.
o Talent Support - Right Infrastructure to Support the One Orchid Team Globally in Their Talent Work. Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, HR Information Systems, Data and Reporting, Positive Employee Relations, Policies and Compliance and Safety.
• Leads change communications and manages change initiatives.
• Leads and manages direct and indirect HR team members.
• Works with HR COE teams to develop, implement and continuously improve processes, tools and systems.
• Responsible for site HR administration: submitting payroll hours, talent data updates, benefits enrollment, employment verifications for government agencies, etc.
• Quality and Regulatory Compliance is of utmost importance in Orchid and the orthopedic manufacturing industry. Leading quality and compliance with our Integrity First Core Value is a clear expectation and requirement for all Orchid team members.
• 7+ years’ HR experience, including working as an HR Business Partner, generalist or specialist in a manufacturing organization – preferably as part of a multi-site, best practices organization and one where positive employee relations and maintaining company representation is key.
• Demonstrated experience managing employee relations, conflict resolution, and performance management.
• Successful experience leading organizational change preferably across businesses.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and facilitate HR and talent alignment initiatives.
• Use of performance-based metrics.
• Experience with process and continuous improvement; HR transformation experience a plus.
• Capable with HR database or system.
• Exposure to safety best practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
• Strong coaching and influencing skills
• High energy and self-motivated; demonstrated action orientation
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Strong attention to detail and follow up/task completion skills
• Strong/Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/tasks effectively business
• Schedule flexibility, as needed, to support team members across all shifts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in business, HR or related field. HR certification, a plus.
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our values and leadership competencies is foundational.
Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
Teamwork: We Are All Connected
Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
Accountable for Results, Collaborative, Innovative, Functionally Excellent, Authentic, Driven, Energizing, Change Leader