<a href="https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19104684?%3Flang=en-us" target="_blank"><img src="http://sirrat.com/ps/marriott/marriott.png"/></a>
<b>Here’s To Your Journey </b> with <b>Sheraton</b><br><br>
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
<b>The Sheraton Grand Los Angeles </b> located at <b>711 S Hope St, Los Angeles, California, 90017</b> is currently hiring a <b>Catering Sales Executive</b>
Handles social and local corporate catering opportunities that are above the parameters of the Group Sales teams within the Sales Office and come directly to the property (e.g., 150 covers and above). Contracts and closes local catering and social business and verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• Catering sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Handles social and local corporate catering opportunities that are above the parameters of the Group Sales teams within the Sales Office and come directly to the property (e.g., 150 covers and above).
• Manages the sales efforts for the property including local corporate and social catering.
• Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel. Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events from approved affiliate list provided by Citywide Sales Executive.
• Understands the overall market (e.g.,competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
• Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
• Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
• Develops menus that drive sales.
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of catering promotions.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (e.g.,,Marriott Hotel and Resorts Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, Renaissance Hotels and Resorts Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Monitors successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
• Contracts and closes local catering and social business and confirms that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Group Sales within the Sales Office, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to verify that sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to maintain guest satisfaction.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceeds their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations. Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the property level.
To apply now, go to: <a https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19104684?%3Flang=en-us rel=”nofollow”><b> https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19104684?%3Flang=en-us</b></a>
<br> - <br>
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit <b><a href=http://www.marriott.com/careers rel="nofollow">www.marriott.com/careers</a></b> to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
<br> Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
<b><a href=https://www.facebook.com/marriottjobsandcareers rel="nofollow">Facebook</a></b><br>
<b><a href=http://www.twitter.com/marriottcareers rel="nofollow">Twitter</a></b><br>
<b><a href=http://www.linkedin.com/company/marriott-international rel="nofollow">LinkedIn</a></b><br>
<b><a href=http://www.instagram.com/marriottcareers rel="nofollow">Instagram</a></b><br>
<b><font color=darkblue>@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat</font></b><br>
<br> So, we ask, where will your journey take you? <br><br>
<font size=2> Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.