FUNCTION & SCOPE:
The New York Small Business Development Center (NYSBDC) provides small business owners and entrepreneurs in New York with the highest quality, pro-bono, confidential business counseling, training, and business research. The SBDC provides expert management and technical assistance to start-up and existing businesses across the state. The New York SBDC is administered jointly by the State University of New York and the Research Foundation for SUNY, and funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the State of New York, and host college campuses. The SBDC at The College at Brockport, SUNY, provides advice and counseling for small business entrepreneurs in Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, and Wayne Counties.
• Provide one-on-one counseling to the Center’s small business clients in areas including small business
start-up requirements, recordkeeping, marketing, and other small business concerns.
• Assist in preparing business plans and financial projections with clients.
• Develop and present small business training sessions and workshops.
• Develop and maintain client network sources.
• Other duties as assigned by the Center’s director.
• Higher education degree in business or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to produce basic financial projections (Balance Sheet, P&L, Cash Flow).
• Demonstrated experience using MS Office software.
• Familiarity with social media platforms.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience with effective public speaking.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work with a culturally and ethnically diverse clientele.
• Valid NYS driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
• Two years of experience as a small business owner and/or manager.
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team.
• Demonstrated experience meeting project goals, timelines, and deadlines.
For Full Details Regarding This Position, Please Visit The Following Link: