IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
Safety is our priority! COVID-19 protocols are in place, including mandatory face coverings, social distancing, disinfection standards, and others to protect our associates.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers. We are a service and retreading market leader with over 180 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nation-wide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. We offer a safe work environment, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), sick pay, paid vacation and holidays.
As the Assistant Manager you will be responsible for partnering with the Center Manager to effectively run the center. This will include working to maximize sales and minimize costs working towards AOP goals, motivate associates to achieve a high standard of customer service in order to grow sales and profitability, assist with the resolution of complaints, staffing, customer service, and safety, assume lead role when manager is out, and engage in career training and development efforts. You will also be responsible for developing, merchandising, billing, creating invoices, controlling assets, and promotion of products and services. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist the Center Manager in the management of the location.
- Direct the activities of the store in the absence of the center manager. This will include managing associates in an effective manner to attain sales results in achieving profit objectives by increasing sales and market share.
- Assist the Center Manager with hiring, training, and managing associates.
- Assist the sales and service departments.
- Operate the center in the absence of the center manager. This will include compliance with company standards in operating procedures, policies, and protection of assets including but not limited to inventory, accounts receivable, trucks, and equipment.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Provide "Service Excellence, Always" to meet the sales and service goals of the location and needs of the customer.
- Communicate specific work assignments and responsibilities to associates.
- Assist the Center Manager in ensuring proper staffing levels with qualified personnel.
- Assist with managing safety, health, and environmental issues.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- Ability to relocate based on the needs of the business and personal development for the role.
- One year of previous management experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree in related field.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.