Under the direction/supervision of the Vice President - Logistics, the Senior Manager, Logistics Operation will assist in the development of process improvements and strategic initiatives for the LCD (Logistics Center Division) to minimize costs and increase efficiencies. The Senior Manager, Logistics will be responsible for the day-to-day operations at each warehouse facility including labor, procedures, inventory management, and the analysis of WM processes in order to drive optimal customer service and profitability. He/she will be responsible for developing, documenting, and executing a comprehensive and standardized network for the Logistic Centers in the Warehouse Network. Initiate and drive excellence and best practices across the supply chain to achieve operational efficiencies.
• Provide strategic direction for Logistics Centers and New Start Up locations
• Oversee operational efficiencies at each Facility including labor and operational processes
• Organize and consolidate customer product to maximize Logistic Centers space while improving overall operational efficiencies.
• Analyze and study productivity at each LC.
• Publish all KPI (key performance indicators) and metrics to Management
• Oversees conformity of inventory management to ensure integrity of inventory is validated and maintained. This includes but is not limited to cycle counting, shipping, and receiving processes.
• Ensure proper compliance and adherence to all CT-PAT and OSHA regulations and requirements within the Logistic Centers.
• Promote continuous improvement including strategic evaluations and SOPs for all major Logistic Center-related functions
• Work closely with staff and learn the Manhattan Warehouse Management System
• Market and network with West Coast Logistics Community to find new business opportunities
• Co-lead team with Vice President to develop new business for any business unit
• Develop strategies with IT and OPS relative to Manhattan WMS
• Consistently promotes a strong corporate culture, quality, and high performance work teams.
• BA/BS degree required
• 10 – 15 years of related work experience – Logistics and Transportation industry.
• Detail-oriented and solid analytical skills. Possess visionary and proven leadership skills
• Solid aptitude for detail work
• Ability to effectively communicate with others
• Bi-lingual skills in Spanish or Japanese, a plus but not required
• Work Pressure/Stress – able to handle job stress and work pressure from varying demands on one’s time; ability to multi-task and prioritize work