David Thompson Resort is located 42km west of the town of Nordegg on Highway 11. We are looking for a Resort Manager who would take care of all aspects of our resort operations and ensure optimal level of services. The candidate need to have the skill and knowledge of managing a resort or hotel, independent and accountable, to ensure the successful operation of our resort. Room and board are available for a fee of $400 per month.
Originally built in stages between 1970 and 1974 the David Thompson Resort (DTR) continues to gain popularity for family, groups and international travelers. We are surrounded by the Canadian Rockies with amazing hiking trails. Our amenities include a Hotel, various sized serviced RV pull through sites which are shaded and grassy, RV rentals, tent sites, rustic and full service cabins.
- College Diploma or related training
- 2-3 years of experience in resort or hotel management
- Able to manage more than 20 people
- Must be willing to stay in the work location, room and board provided
- Hard-working, attention to detail, accountable
- Willing to work during weekends as scheduled by shifts
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for daily operations
- Recruit and hire staff, manage staff in their daily duties, conduct performance reviews
- Assign work to staff, establish work schedules and procedures, train staff on service, and policies and procedures
- Overlook the hotel operations in all aspects , including the hotel, cottage, Campground, RV rentals, etc.
- Be responsible for the hotel front desk, reservations, concierge, and customer service
- Liaison all department and staff to ensure proper operation
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Respond to all guest requests, concerns, or problems, assist guests with special needs, ensure optimal level of service and hospitality
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Prepare and implement marketing plans and activities
- Arrange for and oversee maintenance activities
- Resolve work related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Perform same duties as workers supervised
Job Type: full-time, Permanent
Wage: $28.89 per hour for 30-40 hours per week
Job Location: Nordegg AB, room and board provided with deductions
Apply by email: email@example.com, attention: Shawn Zhou. No telephone inquires please. Qualified candidate will be contacted for interview.