Management Business Solution is seeking a Senior Staff Engineer for its metal materials client in Lancaster, PA. This individual will lead aluminum material development, applications development and end-unit fabrication process design, qualification and productionization for thermal management systems, with a focus on heat exchangers. This person will manage product and process strategy and development; lab testing and evaluation; project team creation and timelines; and customer technical interface and satisfaction.
- Building on a knowledge base of heat exchanger design and manufacturing, lead and manage the development of materials, and material production process design and implementation, for heat exchanger and other thermal management systems.
- Develop new solutions and pilot evaluation projects for cladding and brazing processes in heat exchanger and thermal management products – for automotive, commercial and residential applications.
- Monitor and assess technology, competitor and supply chain developments; and provide direction and input into Business Unit strategies.
- Coordinate and manage technical support and problem-solving for both internal and external customers.
- Manage internal lab functions and personnel, as well as external development partner and supplier relationships and performance.
- S. in Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering required; Ph.D in Materials Science & Engineering preferred.
- 5 years related hands-on work experience, encompassing aluminum physical metallurgy, engineering properties and applications in research, product development or production environments.
- Experience with aluminum sheet fabrication, aluminum brazing (materials and manufacturing) and aluminum corrosion a plus.
- Expertise in metallurgical and mechanical characterization of materials, including proficiency in the use of SEM/EDS and analysis methodologies, required.
- Proficiency and proven expertise in product development, project / program management and innovative marshalling of internal and external resources.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER