Here's To Your Journey with W Hotels
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
The W Atlanta - Midtown, located at 188 14th St NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30361 is currently hiring a W Hotel Sales Executive.
Drives revenue from local accounts by proactively soliciting new business from small business accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads. Partners with account leaders to pull through business from customer accounts deployed outside the local market (US Account Sales and GSO) Partners with the Sales Office to book group events within the group booking parameters. Provides property support by coordinating and executing site inspections/visits for off-property sales managers. Verifies that the business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Pulls through business booked through the Sales Office, as well as achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience, Group, BT and Project Team.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• BT Sales Experience
• Group sales experience.
• 4-year college degree; previous experience in proactive lead generation in hospitality and sales discipline; knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient); knowledge the hospitality industry.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Partners with US Account Sales and GSO in “pull through” of BT and Project Teams from deployed accounts to drive results at represented hotel(s).
• Partners with the Sales Office to book group events within the group booking parameters.
• Pulls through business and achieves revenue goals for all opportunities booked through the Sales Office.
• Partners with Account Sales to identify new group/catering business and achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Works with Area Sales Leader (ASL) in identifying the top accounts of each stakeholder hotel, determine deployment structure, identify account manager, and coordinate efforts to pull-through business from the accounts for the stakeholder hotels (BT, Project Teams, Group).
• Drives revenue from local accounts by proactively soliciting new business from small business accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads.
• Up-sells products and services, with the ability to bring the sale to closure.
• Engages in proactive selling of all of facilities (e.g., Spa, Golf, Restaurants) to all of BT, Project, leisure guests as well as group planners.
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of BT, Project Team and group sales promotions .
• Coordinates and plans all Familiarization Tours (FAM) and in-market customer events.
• Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management and other Sales Channels.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Coordinates and executes all site inspections/visits at the property for out-of-market and non-deployed accounts (includes site visits for out-of-market Sales Associates).
• Coordinates site visits and partners when appropriate for in-market sales managers (e.g., Account Executives and Senior Account Executives).
• Partners with account/selling manager to develop creative aspects of site visit.
• Tracks bookings and leads generated from site visits.
• Grows business of existing accounts by soliciting them for future open years while onsite, identifies additional project teams and transient share shift within accounts.
• Gathers all important customer data from account/selling manager in order to plan appropriately (e.g. customers goals, specific needs, key account info, etc.).
• Understands competitor’s strengths and weaknesses to differentiate the Brand from the competition during the site visit.
• Provides expert knowledge on local destination (e.g., local attractions, events, etc.).
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Solicits new business from assigned small business accounts, reader boards, and leads sent through internal referral mechanisms.
• Solicits potential new accounts or business opportunities by leveraging business intelligence provided by Sales & Marketing Planning and Support or other third-party data sources to generate leads (Agency 360, Reader Boards, etc.).
• Utilizes internal lead referral tools (e.g., eProspecting Portal) to solicit new business opportunities and contacts.
• Re-solicits non-deployed realized opportunities, including turndowns, lost opportunities, and actualized business when appropriate.
• Drives customer satisfaction through daily interactions (e.g., solicitations, re-solicitations, account calls, new business calls, face to face activities, etc.).
• Conducts customer facing sales activities on behalf of the hotels in partnership with Property Coordinator/Resource as appropriate. (e.g., lunch and learns, social hours, company of the month activities, local industry events, Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Activities, etc.).
• Maintains complete and up-to-date lead information on each account in SFAWeb|CI to verify accurate reporting and customer base information.
• Qualifies and maintains customer’s long-term business potential and refers customers to market, field, hotel or national sales office, as required.
• Presents stakeholder hotel benefits and features based on customer needs.
• Uses all information systems (e.g., ISAAC, SFAWeb|CI, MRDW, MarRFP-SAPP) to research the deployment and value of the accounts deemed important for stakeholder hotels.
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) in order to sell effectively against the competition.
• Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc.) to optimize sales revenues.
Building Successful Relationships
• Gets involved in community-based organizations to position property for group/catering sales opportunities and participates in community and hotel networking events (e.g., Rotary Clubs, Chamber of Commerce, etc.).
• Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (e.g., General Manager (GM) Reception, Concierge Level hospitality, etc.).
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
• Attends and facilitates pre-planning visits to establish consistent customer communication.
• Entertains customers by showing them the property and key locations surrounding the property; provides after-hours entertaining for customers.
• Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty and as necessary, refers them to the appropriate owner.
• Gains understanding of the property‘s primary target customer and service expectations; recommends appropriate features and services to best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
• Visits neighborhood target and local small business accounts and coordinates follow up efforts.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Partners with account leaders to pull through business from customer accounts deployed outside the local market.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19093306?%3Flang=en-us/
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.