Here's To Your Journey with Sheraton
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
The Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, located at 811 7th Ave 53rd Street, New York, New York, 10019 is currently hiring a Assistant Director of Loss Prevention.
Assists the Director of Loss Prevention in managing the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
• Collaborates with the Director of Loss Prevention on ways to continually improve departmental performance.
• Comply with policies on proper investigative procedures for loss of property assets.
• Maintain proper documentation of property patrols.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Reports any procedure violations to the Director of Loss Prevention and appropriate management.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Supervises security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
• Performs duties of the Director of Loss Prevention in his/her absence.
Leading Security/Loss Prevention Teams
• Assists Director of Loss Prevention in establishing guidelines and training so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Communicates critical information to Loss Prevention officers based on knowledge gained at pre- and post-convention meetings.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Helps employees and guests obtain necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Utilizes an "open door" policy.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists in maintaining required OSHA programs and statistical data.
• Assists in the management of claims by ensuring proper procedures are followed and documented.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Report all employee accidents and guest liability incidents to Claims Reporting Service in a timely manner.
• Administer property policies fairly and consistently.
• Certify security staff in first aid and CPR.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Trains security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
• Trains staff on proper patrol procedures.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/19084316?%3Flang=en-us/
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.