Management Business Solutions is seeking a Supply Chain Manager for our client in Holland, MI. This person will report to the VP of Operations and act as both the Supply Chain Manager and a Supply Chain Lead. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing the company’s overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations to maximize process efficiency and productivity.
- Manage and train personnel and lead activities in the areas of material purchasing, inventory management, and logistics.
- Work with VP of Operations to set strategic direction to establish and achieve both departmental and organizational KPI’s.
- Lead SIOP activities to efficiently manage material procurement processes and ensure adequate supplies are available to meet / exceed stated customer requirements while effectively managing inventory levels and costs.
- Develop and maintain good vendor relationships, achieve timely and accurate supplier performance, conduct contract negotiations and reviews, and establish periodic benchmark pricing.
- Understand, track, forecast, and consistently communicate to the purchasing department and appropriate members of management key market factors affecting commodity pricing and availability.
- Set and manage continuous improvement goals within the facility and with suppliers to achieve process efficiencies and cost savings equal to or above their annual wages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or related field strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in Supply Chain within a manufacturing environment required.
- 5+ years of leadership experience within a manufacturing environment required.
- 2+ years of vendor management experience including contract and price negotiations.
- Strong data analysis and manipulation skills (Excel, Access) preferred.
- Continuous Improvement experience required.
- ERP systems experience required.
- Availability / flexibility to support a multiple shift operation required.
- Willingness to travel occasionally (domestic and/or international) required.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER