Management Business Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Production Manager for its client in Joliet, IL. This person will be responsible for overseeing all production operations, to include plant floor supervision, quality, maintenance, and budgets. This position has strong growth potential to higher levels of plant management. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader with background in chemical and/or food manufacturing – as well as experience in cellular and Lean Manufacturing, and managing in a union environment.
- Oversee production operations – from production lines to work cells and other related components.
- Manage plant operating budgets, performance, and P&L reporting.
- Develop, coach and ensure a safe and productive workforce in a union environment.
- Create, monitor and achieve daily, monthly and annual financial, quality, schedule achievement, KPI and other operational metrics goals.
- Lead, implement and manage continuous improvement activities.
- Build, mentor and lead a strong and productive work-team.
- Bachelor of Science in Business or Engineering, or equivalent Production Management experience, required.
- 7 years of Production Management experience in a cellular manufacturing environment required.
- Chemical or food industry manufacturing management experience.
- Experience in managing, coaching, problem-solving and conflict resolution, in a union environment, and with labor relations.
- Proven experience with managing plant-wide budgets and KPIs required.
- Demonstrated success with production process start-up and roll-out, documentation, Best Practices, and Lean Manufacturing principles.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER