Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER SILICONES is one of the world's leading silicone manufacturers with silicone-based system solutions with more than 3,000 different products - silicone fluids, rubbers and resins, silanes and pyrogenic silica. At our Adrian, MI site, we are currently looking for an Academy and Infoline Specialist.
The Products & Applications Training Specialist will work with Business Teams to develop and execute technical and application training programs for customers and distributors. Function as training coordinator to ensure smooth process, enjoyable experience, and profitable exchange of knowledge. The Products & Applications Training Specialist will also represent Wacker Chemical Corp. as a world-class organization through a professionally managed information center for customers and prospects. Provide easy access and knowledgeable information on WACKER's range of products and services, be the first point of contact to provide documentation and answer general product questions. Conduct full discovery on inquiries in order to direct inquiries appropriately. Assist WACKER Sales & Marketing and Distribution personnel in transforming inquiries into opportunities and sales.
• Maintain, update and further improve existing product and application training tools. Develop new training tools based on need and access to new technologies
• Coordinate, organize and conduct trainings taking in consideration trainee profiles, training content and training tools. Follow up systematically realizing retention methodology
• Track trainings and report KPI both regionally and globally
• Interface between the central ACADEMY organization and other ACADEMY regions to exchange ideas / best practices, and to work in tandem where possible
• Promote Wacker ACADEMY within the region, together with the Business Teams, as a marketing and relationship building tool
• Coordinate with all NCA training locations to ensure similar approach and content of trainings
• Take care of customer and cold call prospect phone calls and email inquiries. Make sure all inquiries are properly registered in respective data base (Novomind)
• Provide documentation and answers to general product questions
• Conduct proper discovery on incoming inquiry regarding application, product requirements, volume and timing. Check for customer history in SMART, SAP, and Distributor sales reports. Based on discovery information direct inquiry to appropriate BT or distributor contact
• Identify those inquires which have the potential to lead to new sales. Track opportunities from inception to closure with WACKER direct and distribution sales teams, to track and report on Infoline sales success development
• Follow up on inquiries together with WACKER and distribution personnel to ensure timely follow-up to customers
• Provide reports on inquiries received on a monthly basis.
Report semi-annually on projects and KPI's.
Report annually on sales successes for direct and distribution
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3+ years of experience working in a customer-oriented environment (Sales and/or Marketing)
• Understanding of Sales Discovery Process / Sales process in general
• Familiar with value propositions and services strategies
• Able to cooperate with different functions and responsibilities
• Technical and product development background / understanding
• Cross department, faculty or functional area work experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Friendly professional manner in dealing with customers
• Team player with good capabilities to network in own organization
• Flexibility, well organized, and able to work independently
• Good computer skills
• Strong technical understanding
• Systematic approach to complex tasks
• Creative thinker; able to see “the next thing” and develop new tools and strategies to adapt to a fast changing world
• Thorough understanding of service and support concept, both to internal and external customers
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers