1) Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service or to make a donation.
2) Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone in order to solicit sales for goods or services, or to request donations for charitable causes.
3) Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
4) Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers.
5) Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted.