St Louis MO
This is a healthcare position working directly with patients and their families, doctors, and other medical personal in a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level of quality healthcare to all Patients.
Essential Job/ Duties /Responsibilities
• Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribe and proper methods of ultrasound techniques.
• Generates and produce diagnostic imaging using, spectral and color flow Droppler as well as any other available imaging techniques.
o Echocardiography/Cardic Ultrasound
o Vascular Ultrasound
o General Ultrasound
• Selects proper transducer and adjustment of equipment according to the of needs required for proper diagnostic testing (subject organ(s) to be examined, depth of field, etc.) along with other requirements for proper and productive testing.
• Explains the procedures to patients and address their concerns.
• Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
• Generates detailed preliminary reports of findings.
• Communications STAT findings as detailed in organizational processes.
• Consents patients as needed and ensures documents are transferred to patients’ medical records.
• Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopes and/or inasive procedures.
• Maintains equipment according to manufacturer’s requirements and industry standards, at least once month.
• Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate the utilization of computerized documentation systems.
• Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Influences and create SOPs for Ultrasound best practices.
• Provides a safe environment of administering contrast material.
• Assist with transporting patients to a from room.
• Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment.
• Travels to different office locations as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Ability and willingness to travel outside of assigned market up to 30% of the time
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
• Graduate of an accredited school in Ultrasound technology
• Bachelor’s degree in healthcare related field preferred
• (2) years of experience post internship/externship
• Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) required to perform Echo cardiograms
• Must be registered in specific ultrasound modality they perform, e.g. vascular, general
• Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) required
licenses and certifications
Clinical Documentation, Echocardiogram (echo)
25% travel, Local
Sign on bonus