Mega-Aid Pharmacy is hiring for a Contracted Credited Shoe Fitter.
We are looking for someone that will enjoy combining your unique blend of clinical and technical skills to evaluate patients, custom design, fabricate and fit shoes, prostheses and/orthotist to deliver exceptional outcomes for the patients you serve. Select materials, makes cast measurements, model modifications, and layouts, taking into account new techniques and materials. Perform fitting, including static and dynamic alignments. Evaluate Orthotics device and any collateral orthotic devices on patient, adjust to assure fit, function, medical efficacy, and quality of work. Instruct patient in the use of orthotic devices utilized in fulfilling the patient’s needs. Identify and reconcile issues/problems to ensure patient satisfaction with devices provided. Provide follow-up with patients and physicians.
Orthotic Fitter Job Requirements
- Current board certification in Orthotics from the American Board for Certification (ABC) or the Board of Certification (BOC)or An equivalent combination of education and experience to meet board eligibility.
- A valid driver’s license and driving record within the standards
- Must have a vehicle
- Have great customer service
Orthotic Fitter Job Physical Demands
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a workday.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients' equipment and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours induration in accordance with state labor laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mega Aid Compounding Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.