Maximus is currently seeking a Lead Registered Nurse to provide outstanding home assessment services to vulnerable populations and meet position qualifications to support the Conflict-Free Evaluation and Enrollment Center (CFEEC). The CFEEC serves the State of New York by conducting a UAS assessment to determine eligibility for community-based long-term services. In this role, the nurse will have the opportunity to conduct home assessments and develop leadership skills by supporting the Regional Nurse Manager and a team of Nurse Assessors.
*This position is remote and will support a regional area in New York State. The position requires attending and conducting assessments in consumer homes or through a telehealth modality.
About the position
If you are passionate about providing outstanding home assessment services to vulnerable populations and meet position qualifications, then we are excited to meet you! In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to conduct home assessments and develop leadership skills by supporting the Regional Nurse Manager and a team of Nurse Assessors. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to grow in a supportive and collaborative work environment. Take the next step in your career journey today and join our growing team!
What you will receive
- Schedule flexibility
- Salary ranges from $88,000 - $106,000 based on experience and location
- Competitive health benefits and 401k
- The opportunity to work primarily from home
- Satisfaction in being able to assist New York residents with receiving a better quality of living through the NYIA program
- Perform initial in-home evaluations of patients that includes evaluation of health status, strengths, care needs, and preferences utilizing the UAS-NY assessment tool
- Establish and maintains positive relationships with consumers, caregivers, and facility staff
- Maintain updated knowledge of the UAS-NY Assessment process
- Review consumer medical documentation and/or health referral forms, as relevant to the case
- Enter evaluation data into electronic evaluation form and transmit, as required
- Document any concerns, conflicting information, other issues that surface during the evaluation process
- Emphasize continuity of care, thus reducing or eliminating fragmentation, duplication, and gaps in the treatment plan
- Initiate communication between the Call Center and eligible consumers for enrollment into a managed care health plan
- Facilitate and support new IA Nurse Evaluators to meet the essential functions of the Nurse Evaluator position
- Conduct IA appointment visits with new Nurse Evaluators to provide demonstration and education
- Instruct, demonstrate, observe assessment skills and techniques and provides feedback to the Regional Nurse Manager
- RN license in the state of New York
- 2+ years RN experience in-home care
- Prior experience using the UAS-NY Community assessment tool, OASIS or MDS
- Ability to travel locally up to 50%
- Reliable form of transportation, may include public transportation services
Home Office Requirements
- Candidates must have their own cell phone
- Maximus provides company-issued computer equipment
- Reliable high-speed internet service with 100 Mbps download speed (you can test this by going to www.speedtest.net)
About the Conflict-Free Evaluation and Enrollment Center (CFEEC)
The Conflict Free Evaluation and Enrollment Center (CFEEC) serves the State of New York by conducting a UAS assessment to determine eligibility for community based long-term services. The outcome of the assessment informs whether the individual qualifies for in-home services. We are rapidly expanding and have numerous exciting opportunities for Team Leads (and other positions!) across the state.