Developer Specialist - Bigdata
Healthcare IT: Web Application Developer
We are the largest customer-owned health benefits company in the United States and fourth largest overall. We offer a full range of managed care programs for individuals, families, employer groups and Medicare beneficiaries.
We are seeking experienced dev professionals for a long-term Chicago, IL based position. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment in a rapidly growing, dynamic organization.
This position is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining existing and new applications; knowing one or more programming languages; knowing one or more development methodologies / delivery models.
Requirements for the job:
1. Bachelor Degree and 5 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses
2. 7 year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience
3. Must have extensive hands on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions in Hadoop cluster
4. Must have experience with strong UNIX shell scripting, SQOOP, eclipse, HCatalog
5. Must have experience with NoSql Databases like HBASE, Mongo or Cassandra
6. Must have experience with Developing Pig scripts/Hive QL ,UDF for analyzing all semi-structured/unstructured/structured data flows
7. Must have working experience with Developing MapReduce programs running on the Hadoop cluster using Java/Python
8. Must have working experience with Spark and Scala
9. Must have knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
10. Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in Hadoop production
11. Must have working experience in the data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems
12. SDLC Methodology (Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development)
13. Candidates need Green Card or be US Citizens
Top Reason to Love this Job:
1. Work for a company that encourages and fosters resourcefulness, strategic thought and empowers you to make a difference in the lives our members and their communities
2. Comprehensive suite of financial and medical benefits including Annual Performance Incentives, 401k contributions and 28 PTO days
3. Live, work and play in either Chicago, IL
If you meet all the job requirements email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Developer Specialist-Bigdata Position and a copy of your resume or reply to this ad.