Provide safe and effective surgical care, through the performance of specific duties, as the surgical technologist during surgical and other invasive procedures under the direction of a registered nurse. Performs routine scrub as well as specifically delegated duties according to AORN standards and established policies and procedures of the department of surgery. Assist in the maintenance of a safe environment for all. Keeps current with operating room techniques, procedures, instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Must be Certified through NBSTSA
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an approved Operating Room Technician Course. LPN with previous OR / Scrubbing experience.
- Must have current BLS certification
- One year of experience required