We are hiring for a qualified civilian Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (ICU RN) to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Andrews Air Force Base at Walter Reed National Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
• Status: Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 8 hr shifts
• Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Plan
The Registered Nurse (RN ICU) – Intensive Care must have the following qualifications:
• Degree: Associates Degree of Nursing, must have graduated from a critical care training course or completion of an equitable platform (i.e., Essentials of Critical Care Orientation [ECCO], online course from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses)
• Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
• Certification: In addition to Basic Life Support and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) by the American Heart Association, certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required for the Critical Care Unit
• Licensure/Registration: Must have completed an adult trauma training course (i.e., Trauma Nurse Core Course [TNCC], or Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses [ATCN] and must have current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse from any State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States
• Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience with at least one year in a critical care area of four or more beds, one year of experience must have occurred within the last 24 months
• Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United States, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States.
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.