Surgery Scheduler/Medical Assistant
Vein Health Clinics
1000 Executive Drive, Ste 8
Oviedo, FL 32765
Visible on job post: Yes
Remote work allowed: No
Oviedo, FL 32765
Pay and BenefitsEdit
$15.00 - $20.00 per hour
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off
JOB SUMMARY: Position requires utilization of clinical knowledge to schedule appropriate procedures/surgeries per provider’s orders. The Surgical Scheduler must schedule office based procedures consistent with the patient’s diagnosis and procedure request. Also requires excellent customer service skills with patients, employees, and the public. The Surgical Scheduler must be able to respond to both written and oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes/cancellations in a timely, accurate manner. Individual must be organized, and be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules office and hospital based medical procedures, for patients with appropriate provider and time/location slot, utilizing appropriate scheduling guidelines.
- Schedules diagnostic and imaging tests.
- Schedules office and hospital based medical procedures, tests and imaging ensuring available time is utilized to maximum efficiency.
- Interfaces with appropriate facility staff to ensure a cohesive working relationship in providing patient care services.
- Enters notes/special instructions needed for scheduling in the electronic medical record.
- Effectively utilizes clinical knowledge when determining if appointment is consistent with the diagnosis/indications indicated by the provider.
- Completes accurate documentation of informed consent with patients for procedures and surgeries as needed.
- Provides accurate, detailed information to patients regarding test preparations, time of patients scheduled arrival, and any other directional information needed; takes appropriate action in responding to questions from patients.
- Confirms patient’s insurance provider and either obtains prior authorization or communicates need for prior authorization to appropriate parties as needed.
- Ensures patients have proper medical clearance and pre-surgical testing as needed.
- Schedules and ensures proper follow-up appointments are made at the time procedure is scheduled.
- Assists other members of the department as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other healthcare professionals.
- Critical thinking skills and a positive attitude essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,000.00 - $33,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- One weekend per month
Temperatures are taken upon entering. Mask is to be worn at all times while in the facility.
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fluent Spanish and English (REQUIRED)
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
Expected Hiring DateEdit
1 to 3 days
8 hour shift, Weekends