Status: Full Time (37.5 Hours)
Schedule: Monday–Friday, with one evening a week
Receives direct day to day supervision from the Program Coordinator at the Steuben County Community Mental Health Clinic; Receives supervision and support from the Vice President of Education and Contracted Services of Pathways, Inc.
General Summary of Duties:
The Clinic Therapist is responsible for conducting intake assessments, conducting individual, group and family therapy, as well as providing crisis services and making diagnostic determinations. They will develop treatment plans as well as provided other necessary documentation. The Clinic Therapist will interface with local providers and provide linkages to other services as needed.
Essential Responsibilities or Functions of the Position:
1. Responsible for conducting initial intake assessments.
2. Responsible for making diagnostic determinations.
3. Conduct individual therapy, group therapy and family therapy.
4. Provision of crisis intervention services.
5. Develops and maintains accurate and timely client-specific records, reports, billing, treatment plans and progress notes according to all oversight agencies.
6. Responsible for making referrals as deemed appropriate.
7. Will participate in training, supervision and multidisciplinary team meetings.
8. Carries out all other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned by the Program Coordinator/Director of Home and Habilitation Services.
Typical Working Conditions:
Exposure category #1 (OSHA Blood borne Pathogens). Normal classroom and/or office environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, copier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Clinic Therapist must have skill in gathering, interpreting, and reporting information in addition to skills in written and verbal communication. Ability to make work plans and follow through on those plans independently and the ability to identify areas in need of improvement and recommend solutions is a must. The Clinic Therapist will have good time management and organizational skills. Ability to liaison with external agencies is a must. Proficiency in computer skills is needed. The Clinic Therapist must also have the ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, decision-making. Sound clinical judgment and working knowledge of the DSM-V.
Master’s degree in Social Work or in Mental Health Counseling from a program approved by NYS Education Department is required, with a NYSED professional license as a LMSW, LCSW or LMHC.
Experience in working within a multidisciplinary team and a working knowledge and understanding mental health diagnoses preferred.
Must meet the requirements of the School Age Care, Day Care, and/or Mental Health Regulations regarding a State Central Register Clearance regarding history of abuse/maltreatment of children.
Complete an online application at www.pathwaysforyou.org and include a copy of your resume!