**PLEASE NOTE THIS OPPORTUNITY IS TO BEGIN FOR THE 2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR**
Ross School (Bridgehampton, NY) seeks a School Nurse at our Lower School Campus who will be an integral part of the student support services department by educating and providing daily direction to students with regards to health care assessment, intervention and follow-up within the school setting.
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt
- This role does not have any direct employee reports
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as a health care provider
- Perform nursing services in the maintenance of acceptable health standards
- Order and maintain inventory and oversee the storage of first aid and related health supplies and equipment
- Prepares and maintains health records for all students
- Assists with student physicals
- Administers first aid and routine and emergency treatment to students and employees as required
- Performs visual, auditory and other screening procedures as required
- Reports and verifies student attendance
- Prepares health records and reports as required
- Arranges for immunization and other health related clinics as needed
- Serves as a member of the school’s health and wellness team developing the Ross School wellness programs.
Education Requirements: Licensed Registered Nurse
Required Experience: Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience, preferably in a school setting
- Ability to demonstrate expert knowledge of content and skills related to discipline(s) hired for.
- Ability to effectively engage with students of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness and importance of international education and intercultural understanding.
- Ability to create an environment that promotes active engagement of all students.
- Ability to read, analyze, develop, and interpret documents such as curriculum, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in the language of instruction.
- Ability to work collaboratively to advance the goals and strategic plan of the organization consistent with the Ross Mission, Philosophy, and Core Values.
- Ability to accept and work in a dynamic setting with multiple priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of purpose and priorities balanced with a sense of humor
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner, both written and orally, with parents, students, colleagues, and others.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups and /or employees of the organization.
- Ability to effectively use technology in communication and instruction.
- Ability to engage in teamwork and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to engage in and support all research initiatives of the organization as a Lab School.
- Ability to relocate from one physical space to another throughout the course of the teaching day as well as attend off site field trips
- Ability to relocate from one physical space to another throughout the course of the day.
Interested candidates should apply through Indeed with a resume and cover letter.
IF INTERETSED, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST TO LGRANDZABBIA@ROSS.ORG.
Ross School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any phase of employment. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time