Role: Direct Support Professional/DSP II
Location: Visalia, CA
Assist young adults with developmental disabilities in their daily lives. with complete of dietary, hygiene, grooming, and dressing needs. Redirect behaviors with various activities including, walking, reading, games, math, and computer projects.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma, DSP 1 & 2, CPR/FA, (within 6-12 months of hire) and CPI certification
- Minimum Experience: 1 year of personal or experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities or mental health conditions with strong interfering behaviors (e.g. hitting, biting, spitting)
- Minimum Driving Experience: Must have a valid in-state driver ’s, be over 21, and have a driving record with no more than 2 points within the last 3 years and no DUI's within the last 5 years
- Outline and prepare daily routine(s) for clients' (visual and active) as written in the Individual Program Plan
- Assist clients with bathroom needs
- Change clients' undergarments and/or clothing if needed
- Prepare daily meals and assist with clean-up
- Pick-up/drop-off clients in company vans from/to their home/ (if necessary)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
The Candidate must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check, physical, etc.