Extendicare Athabasca is looking for a full-time Health Care Aide at 4517 53 St, Athabasca, AB T9S 1K4 Canada. There are 5 positions available.
Main duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Answer call signals; supply and empty bed pans; bathe, dress, and groom patients; serve meal trays, feed, or assist in feeding of patients and assist patients with menu selection; weigh, lift, turn, and position patients; shave patients prior to operations; supervise patients' exercise routines, set up and provide leisure activities for patients, accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature, and pulse; report or record fluid intake and output; observe or monitor patients' status and document patient care on charts; administer first aid in emergency situations; collect specimens such as urine, faeces, or sputum; administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas and perform other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff
- Transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher for treatment or surgery
- Carry messages, reports, requisitions, and specimens between departments
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- May perform maintenance tasks such as assisting with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining, and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
- May transport patients between care facilities.
Hours of work are 30-40 hours/week (overtime pay after 44 hours). Pay is $22.80/hour. Successful candidates must speak English and have completed high school. Minimum work experience is 6 months hands on experience.
Please send resumes via email to email@example.com