Kenmore 158.1803 Sewing Machine Instruction Manual 1803
Setting up your machine.
Winding, Inserting and threading bobbin.
Adjusting thread tension.
Stitch width control.
Special stitch dial.
Feed dog control.
Needle, thread and fabric chart.
Using presser feet.
Checking performance problems
70 page instruction manual.
1. Draw thread from spool through bobbin winder tension disc as shown in Figure 1.
2. Pull end of thread through hole in bobbin as shown in figure 2.
3. Place bobbin onto bobbin winder shaft with end of thread coming from the top of the bobbin. Place bobbin winder latch against bobbin until it clicks.
4. Holding on to the end of the thread, start machine. When bobbin is slightly filled, snip off end of thread.
5. Start Machine. Wind thread until bobbin winder latch releases. Remove bobbin.
6. Push down bobbin winder reset button.
Stitch length control
The stitch length control regulates the length of the stitch you select. The higher the number – the shorter the stitch. Turn only the outer rim of this control to set the Stitch length.
The number on the stitch length control indicates stitch number per inch. The stitch setting you use will be determined by the thickness of the fabric you are sewing.
A longer stitch setting should be used for thicker fabric or more layers of fabric.
The middle range of the control is the 10 – 12 stitches per inch range which is the most commonly used.
A basting stitch is made by using the longest possible stitch setting – 6 stitches per inch. The red marking on the control is the setting used for the shortest stitches such as in satin stitching.
Stitch with control
This control regulates the width of the stitch you select. The higher the number, the wider the stitch. You may vary or zigzag stitch with by using this control to the settings you desire.
This control must be on the red S in order to do straight stitching.
Turn only the outer rim of this control to set the stitch width.
The center of the control dials the special stitches the machine is capable of sewing.
Kenmore Model 1803 Sewing Machine Manual 158.1803
More sewing machine manuals are available here-
We are a family run business serving the sewing community for over 10 years.
Have fun sewing!
Let us know if you need a manual for your machine.