DEOW Education Canada Inc. is looking for an Administrative Assistant in downtown Vancouver.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Wage: 22.00 per hour
Work Hour: 30.00 hours per week (Full-time, Permanent)
Benefit: 10 days paid vacation per year OR 4% of gross salary, Commission will be provided.
- Administer the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies, procedures, and system which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Receive and process international students’ applications, review academic and other documentation and determine admissibility.
- Track and organize department data, including student, school and agent information.
- Plan and organize students’ educational courses and arrange accommodation for international students. (Mainly Japanese)
- Ensure all files, documents and databases are maintained and up to date.
- Respond to inquiries by phone call and email, liaise and communicate with schools, clients and our offices in other locations such as Toronto/Japan.
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory.
- Keep Monitoring and handle any problems that may occur with both students and schools.
- Greet visitors and set up meetings with partners.
- Liaise with all program parties to ensure all goals are met for the student’s program from beginning to end.
- Provide continuous counseling for students’ issues in Canada.
- Completion of secondary school (university/college diploma in business or public administration in a huge asset but not required)
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- High proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
- Ability to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken Japanese is a strong asset.
Please DO NOT CALL regarding the posted position.
All candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deow Education Canada Inc.
#505-525 Seymour Street,
Vancouver, BC V6B 3H7