Bronx, NY, US
About the Position
The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing that all activities occurring within the case are focused on achieving permanency for children either through reunification with birth parents/discharge resources, adoption, or KinGap. Responsible for managing the Case Planners within the unit, the Supervisor assures that Case Planners integrate and apply Solutions Based Casework model and evidence-based models associated with Child Success NYC into case practice activities with birth and foster families with a focus on achieving permanency as safely and expeditiously as possible.
Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Assures that the Case Planner develops and sustains working relationships with child, foster and birth family through interviews in the birth & foster homes and in the community to promote permanency.
• Makes regular assessments of safety and risk for each child associated with the family.
• Instruct and coaches Case Planners in the application of SBC and evidence based models associated with CSNYC so that it is reflected in the daily casework activities conducted with the child, parent/caregivers and foster parents.
• Assures that in conjunction with the birth parent, the case Planner completes a Family Genogram and Family Agreement (inclusive of Action Plans) using Solutions Based Casework practice. Amends the Family Agreement as necessary to assure that action plans are realistic and appropriate for the child/family needs.
• Oversees the Case Planner’s ability and motivation to facilitate birth parent and/or foster parent support groups, utilize family finding techniques and successfully manage cases to comply with permanency planning timelines.
• Reviews and approves Case Planner documentation (FASPs, Plan Amendments, Progress notes, OPHRs, court reports, check requests) for quality and timely submission. Prepares Corrective Action Plans for OSI as necessary.
• Ensures full and timely written and verbal communication with ACS/FCLS on all case aspects and developments.
• Assures that Case Planners are adequately prepared to testify in court as required, (including 358A’s, neglect 392’s, extensions of placement and termination proceedings). Helps Case Planner to proficiently report and/or testify to the parent’s progress and any noted barriers to accomplishing the goals of the service plan and/or demonstrating behavior change.
• Supervisors participate in program development and quality improvement activities; exhibits action to support new Graham Windham programs and initiatives
• Participates in monthly division and regional staff meetings, trainings and workshops; maintains and applies a current knowledge of internal and external regulations and policies to applicable Foster Care.
Please click on link below to apply:
Requires Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW/LMSW), or related field; Bilingual in Spanish preferred; Must be able to travel within NYC Metropolitan area; Ability to teach, train and coach; Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Time management and organizational skills; Computer literate, MS Office; NYS Connections and other electronic health records systems; Ability to work with diverse populations; Familiarity with Administration for Children Services (ACS), Office of Children & Family Services(OCFS), Office of Mental Retardation & Developmental Disabilities(OMRDD), Department of Youth & Community Development(DYCD) and other relevant municipal and state agencies
Full-time position; salary $58,500 in accordance with qualifications. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.