Case Planner Foster care
NEW YORK, NY, US
About the Position
To provide permanency planning services to children in care and their families:
By knowledge oversight of child development and appropriate referrals.
By assessing needs of biological parents, making appropriate service referrals and monitoring effectiveness of these services.
By close liaison with ACS and the Courts.
Other Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Develops and sustains ongoing working relationships with child, foster family and natural family through regularly scheduled home, school, service provider and office visits and interviews to accomplish permanency.
- Maintain a complete case record for each client, which documents progress through admission, under care and discharge: prepares and submits dictation, memoranda, referrals and reports on each case on a timely basis.
- Ensures full and timely written and verbal communication with ACS on all case aspects and developments.
- Represents Graham-Windham and testifies if required, in any court hearing related to caseload, including 358A’s, neglect 392’s, extensions of placement and termination proceedings.
- Attends weekly supervision meetings to report on cases and presents for discussion any problems, difficulties or unresolved issues.
- Participates in staff meetings, seminar and training: maintains and applies a current knowledge of internal and external regulations and policies to applicable Foster Care.
- Respond to client emergencies within or outside work hours.
- Other duties as required.
Please click on link below to apply:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in social service or a related field; Bi-lingual Spanish; Detailed-oriented; ability to function as a team player and possesses a demonstrated passion for advancing the work of serving children and families; Must be able to travel within NYC Metropolitan area; have excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexibility, professionalism, time management and organizational skills; Computer literate, MS Office; NYS Connections; Ability to work with diverse populations.
Full-time position; salary $41K, commensurate with experience. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.