Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) or Certified Peer Support (CPS).
POSITION SUMMARY: The Recovery Specialist's or Peer Support role is to support others in recovery from a substance use disorder. The Recovery Specialist or Peer Support will serve as a role model, mentor, advocate and motivator to recovering individuals in order to help prevent relapse and promote long-term recovery. The Recovery Specialist or Peer Support must demonstrate an ability to share personal recovery experiences and to develop authentic peer-to-peer relationships.
1. Maintain project logs, reports and records in appropriate files and database(s).
2. Provide recovery education to service recipients for every phase of the recovery journey from pre-recovery engagement, recovery initiation, recovery stabilization, and sustained recovery maintenance.
3. Provide a model for both people in recovery and staff by demonstrating that recovery is possible.
4. Assist recovering persons to identify their personal interests, goals, strengths and weaknesses regarding recovery.
5. Assist/coach recovering persons develop their own plan for advancing their recovery; for "getting the life they want."
6. Recovery Planning -- facilitate (via personal coaching) the transition from a professionally directed service plan to a self-directed Recovery Plan. The goal should be to transition from professionally assisted recovery initiation to personally directed, community supported recovery maintenance.
7. Promote self-advocacy by assisting recovering persons to have their voices fully heard; their needs, goals and objectives established as the focal point of rehabilitation and clinical services.
· Person may not have any current legal charges or obligations and is either employed, enrolled in training/school or is involved in a praiseworthy endeavor. Persons in recovery from chemical addiction with at least two (2) years continuous sobriety preferred. Must be a person in recovery, must remain clean and sober; maintain sobriety and active program of recovery to provide positive role modeling. If you do not have your CRS or CPS Certification when you begin employment you must obtain it within six months of being hired.
· Must commit to ongoing recovery; work program of recovery
· Submit to random urine screens
· Must be CPR and First Aid Certified
· Ability to communicate positively and professionally using the English Language, both spoken and
· Ability to demonstrate good decision making skills, intelligence, flexibility, emotional maturity, a positive outlook, respect, and a professional attitude toward all clients and staff
· Ability to communicate positively and demonstrate enthusiasm