Position Reports To: Business Loan Manager
You should consider this description the foundation of your job, not its boundaries. You should expect to participate in activities not described here, which enhance the quality of service to the member. You success will be greatly enhanced by adapting a learning attitude and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
As a member of this team, your primary responsibility is to serve and satisfy the credit union members. This includes whether your job involves dealing with members directly or providing service to someone who does.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Direct responsibility for processing requests for commercial loans by interviewing prospective and existing individuals and evaluating their creditworthiness.
• Determines eligibility and approves loans within specified limits to comply with policies and procedures and Federal Regulations.
• Collects delinquent commercial business loans and works with legal on defaulted loans.
• Understands and ensures that commercial loan accounts are serviced according to policies and regulatory requirements. Monitors loan relationships on a continuing basis to insure loan quality and minimize risk.
• Insures accurate documentation of credit approval terms and collateral. Reviews and evaluates required searches, financial statements, and credit reports.
• Completes loan renewals by verifying new data with current data, making adjustments, and preparing input forms.
• Reviews loan advances by verifying credit limits, commitment expirations and account statuses.
• Completes loan adjustments by preparing input information, calculating rate changes, interest discrepancies, etc.
• Controls loans by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures and standards.
• Identifies status of commercial loan portfolio by verifying and preparing reports.
• Contributes decision-making information to Business Loan Committee by analyzing loan requests, notes, terms, security, etc., and presenting administrative issues for approval.
• Develops new commercial lending business.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Completes periodic training/certification for, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
• Minimum five years business lending/credit analysis experience
• Thorough knowledge of all facets of business lending, including operational, technical and decision making skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, possessing proven organizational skills.
• Detail oriented
• PC proficiency, including experience with Microsoft products
• Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent