Under the direction of Bookstore Management, the Office and Administrative Support I assists customers by performing job duties throughout the various retail locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide excellent guest service at all times.
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of store products and services.
- Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment.
- Cross-train and work in all areas of stores as needed.
- Perform sales support functions related to POS and e-commerce procedures.
- General housekeeping, stocking, organizing, pricing and merchandising duties.
- Use computerized software to look up stock information and operate a cash register.
- Receive, verify, sort and distribute goods.
- Make on-campus deliveries and represent the store at campus events.
- Assist with clerical duties, research and special projects.
- Answer telephone calls and emails, follow-up with appropriate personnel, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned, which are reasonably within the scope of the job.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Previous retail, customer service or warehouse experience is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both written and oral form.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Additional responsibilities may include driving company vehicles. Employee must have a valid CA driver’s license, maintain a clean driving record and attend the Driver Safety training course.
The employee will frequently need to move boxes, unpack inventory and stock shelves with merchandise. The employee must frequently be able to lift and/or move a minimum of 40 pounds. There will be long periods of time standing on their feet and moving around in a large building, and the employee will be occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, bend at the waist, push or pull, reach above shoulder level, stoop, and kneel. Some use of ladders to ascend/descend is occasionally required. The employee must comply with the University’s rules and regulations as well as the 49er Shops, Inc.
The employee is typically in a climate-controlled indoor environment within the retail location and occasionally has movement throughout the warehouse and outdoors, with exposure to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to noisy. Occasionally the work environment will have high customer traffic at the beginning of each new semester, during sales, etc.