Director of Billing and Collections
One Pierrepont Plaza, Suite 901, Brooklyn, NY 11201, Brooklyn, NY, US
Reporting Relationship: CFO
Provide supervision and oversee billings & collections functions for all Graham’s programs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Oversees the accurate and timely monthly per diem and grant billing submission process for all
Graham’s programs. This includes, but not limited to, claims to ACS, NYS Counties, Medicaid and its
assigned Managed Care companies, Government and Private Grants and Foundations.
· Maintains a monthly tracking schedule for all claims.
· Take the lead and works collaboratively with Graham’s Funders, Billing agents, IT department,
Program Performance Unit, various Programs and other Fiscal Units to identify and resolve any
claims issues in a timely manner.
· Ensures the optimal collections for all claims.
· Maintains an Aged Receivables schedule for tracking and audit reconciliation purposes.
· Oversees all cash collection and deposit functions.
· Working in conjunction with the Fiscal Audit unit and the billing team, prepare billing, receivables
and cash collection schedules and support documentation for all external and CPA audits.
· Adhere to all funding and accreditation guidelines
· Respond timely to program and funding source inquiries.
· Carry out selected short and long term special project assignment identified by CFO or other senior
administrators, particularly projects which call for enhancing coordination between Fiscal and
program units when such improvements are needed to strengthen the agency’s capacity to
document, bill for and collect full payment for services rendered
· Perform weekly supervision of direct reports using the agency supervision model.
v BA/BS degree required.
v Minimum 3 years of government or non-profit industry related billing management experience.
v Must possess excellent computer skills. MS Office (Excel, Word, Database and spreadsheet
v Strong written and oral communication skills.
v Ensures excellence and continuous quality improvement in operational functions. These areas
must attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies and funding
v Strong preference for prior experience with Medicaid, Managed Care, ACS’s SSPS, CCRS and
Connections systems, processes and billing practices.
Competencies & Traits:
v The capacity to understand government rules and regulations and to analyze, synthesize and
report on complex data issues.
v The ability to perform complex quantitative/mathematical analysis.
v The ability to establish strong working relationships and work well with individuals within the
agency, government and other social service agencies.
v Must maintain a positive and engaged professional demeanor
v Must possess independent thinking skills; organizational and analytical skills
v Extremely detail-oriented with a sense of urgency
Commensurate with experience
Based in our Brooklyn Heights Office (One Pierrepont Plaza –
Brooklyn, NY 11210)
Graham is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are invited to apply. Graham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental & vision coverage, PTO and holiday pay, retirement plans (defined contribution pension and 403 (b) thrift), and more.