The Customer Service Representative is the first point of contact for Sweetser and will provide exceptional customer service while projecting a positive and professional image. Staff will be knowledgable of available resources and will assist clients who are seeking services by providing information and immediate access to Sweetser programs.
• Receive and process all incoming calls using a multiline phone.
• Collect and input into Provider all required registration, demographic and insurance information.
• Conduct insurance verification and APS authorization as appropriate.
• Immediately schedule all clients seeking service for an assessment to be performed within two business day of the initial request.
• Provide information on all Sweetser services to internal and external customers as requested.
• Ability to triage all calls in a timely fashion.
• Process clients paperwork including release of information and collection of copays as appropriate.
• Identify, utilize and maintain resources needed to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• High school diploma with some secondary education preferred, or a minimum of four (4) years working in a related field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid state driver's license.
• Experience in a healthcare setting, working with insurance companies, referral sources.
• Experience working in a call center environment a plus.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
• Ability to multi-task and to be flexible.
• Demonstrate the ability to operate basic office equipment to include, telephone, copier, fax, computer and printer.